Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /customers/7/b/4/mashupstation.com/httpd.www/Wikka/libs/Wakka.class.php on line 130
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /customers/7/b/4/mashupstation.com/httpd.www/Wikka/libs/Wakka.class.php on line 261
Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /customers/7/b/4/mashupstation.com/httpd.www/Wikka/wikka.php on line 90
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: How does one create a mashup with Mashup Stations services?
A: First of all, you have to register for a free account. Then upload your mashup client files to your account and you're done! :) Simple as that ... sort of.
- Q: No, really, how does it work. What do you mean upload my client files... Come on!
- Q: Bah! I don't want to host my files on _your_ server. Why would I?
A: Well, actually we're looking into another solution where you could host you own files on another machine and still use our cross-domain API from the loaded html pages. At the moment we're pretty busy and you'll have to bear with using our site. Also, we're primarily providing the free cross-domain service for testing purposes, so that people with excellent mashup ideas don't need to buy servers and bandwidth just to try something out. Also we hope to make it possible for competent client-side programmers to make interresting mashups without writing a single line of back-end code.
- Q: Hmmm, Yahoo wants me to sign up for and use an application id for all my searches. If I put it in the html-page, everyone will see it and copy it and do all sorts of evil scheming with it. How do you solve this?
A: What we do is ask you to trust us not to be evil and upload your application keys in the same place where you upload your other files. The keys gets stored in our database, and the name you give you key when you upload it can then be used when you build the query string for you target API, with a light modification. If you upload a developer key and call it 'key1', you can write;
when building the query. When the query is sent to the cross-domain proxy, the key with that name which is registered for you user will be exchanged.
- Q: SO if I choose to let myself undergo all these horrible humiliations to satisfy you personal greed, where is the ghastly google ad code to be included?
Page was generated in 0.0711 seconds